Untimely Rain

       A summer evening, clouded by gray, came down with the fury of rain spilling over the weekend's plan of my colleagues spreading a frown on their face. Whereas, I had a big smile as I wanted to leave the office and enjoy the downpour, keeping my yearly streak of enjoying the first rain. I rushed towards my bike and headed towards JM Road, as I was heavily craving a cup of tea along with my favorite vada pav near Bal Gandharva Rang Mandir.


       Finding my way through the traffic, I finally reached Khatri Wadewale. I excitingly placed the order, rubbing my palms against each other as I shivered in the cold. Soon, I found myself laughing at myself, sipping on the hot tea, and enjoying the delicious vada pav. I was lost in thoughts, thinking that after several months, I did something out of sheer madness only to eat my favorite snacks in the first rain, and look, it worked. I am sitting at my usual place, where I would hang out after my designing classes, writing this blog, and I am fucking feeling happy!


       God! Do I miss this place badly? Yes, I do. I was inspired to write my first blog here, right at this very place, and it feels like I am back to my roots.


       I had lost myself amid the difficult life phases, trying to find a piece of me in everything I did. What I never realized until now, I forgot to look within myself. Maybe I was scared to find myself, scared of what I had become. I drastically changed to the person I never was, losing my optimism, humor, and much more.


       It got difficult day after day, and I struggled with every aspect of my life, trying to find peace, forgetting the biggest lesson I learned from Kung Fu Panda 2 – inner peace. I became resistant to everything that came along, putting up my walls and caging myself from the world I once loved and always looking at it differently. FUCK! Even my hair turned white, making people wonder that I have highlighted them. Well, that's a funny story, but for some another time.


       I am here sitting in the rain, soaked up, hoping to hear the same ethereal flute tune that pushed the writer inside me to take the first step and tell the stories that would have sat in my mind or even forgotten. I miss the part of me that loved telling stories and expressing feelings. The part of me who talked with strangers knowing their stories, becoming a medium to tell their untold tales of cherished memories and struggles, spreading a wide smile on their faces that lasted for days.

       I have become a columnist adding life to clients' profiles, typically living the corporate life. The timing couldn't be better. Are the stars aligning themselves? Don't get me wrong, my playlist played the perfect song, and the lyrics went like this:

Khushiyon ki lehrein gaayein,

Dil ke taapu tak aayein.

Doob jaane ki rut hai,

Aaja pyaar main ghuljaayein.

Aaj na khud ko roko,

Pyar main khud ko jhonko.

Shikwan ke saare parde kheench do,

Aasman pe chaana hai, gungunana hai.

Ban ja badal, dil kehta hai,

Bheeg ja bheeg ja yaara.

Barso barso yaaron barso re.

Ban ke pyaar yaaron barso re..

Barso barso yaaron barso re…

 

I am relating and vibing at maximum. I don't need to say anything anymore; I know this is what I needed. If you could see me right now, you would see the happiest person on the planet. The first rain always has something for me, thank you!


       Ain't stopping now, and it isn't just words. Several untold stories are waiting to be told, or in my case, I have to complete the blogs that I wrote over the years, never finishing them.


Heading home now will catch up with you later!


Instagram: Creative_Insect


Image Courtesy: Pixabay





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

The First Step

The Lost Childhood