Quarantined Tales

Last night after so many days, I finally smiled from my heart. I had a smile that was wide from eye to eye. I was singing again and danced on my own on my rooftop at 4 a.m. while enjoying the cold breeze that flew mildly around me. I finally had a peaceful sleep.

The past three months have been tough to deal with on every level. I was promoted to lead a project at my office. I was confident that I could do it well, Everything was going smooth, and then the news of the Covid-19 spread like wildfire and soon the lockdown was announced. Work from home was pursued for 15 days until the mail arrived, which mentioned you could work at your own will, but we can't even pay your primary salary, and I stopped working since then. It was shocking, but I couldn't do anything about it. I got back to online gaming and playing games, which I could hardly do when working. Kids from my discord servers are always there to play some games and have fun. We also recorded two podcasts, which was a new thing that we tried, and we loved it. My routine was changing again, and it seemed good for a while to take a break from the world and do what I love to do. I started to read again, installed Photoshop & Illustrator and started digital painting, and I am slowly getting better. I did write some poems, but it didn't felt like writing a blog. I tried, but I couldn't get the hang of myself with all the news going on around. I was struggling. Even after doing Everything that I want, I wasn't at my peace. Everything was messed up. My life felt like it was falling apart again while the world around me was honing new skills; I was asleep most of the time.

And on one such sleepy evening, a long lost friend called after two years, and she started to babble. I stopped her right there, and then, I said, "So you finally remember your poet? I mean, after all these months, Nah uh-huh, you didn't even call me on your sister's wedding, you came to Pune and didn't even tell me, you have gotten so much busy that you forgot me?" She laughed at first, then apologized and finally we talked for hours. After the call, she sent two photos of ours, which I didn't even know she had captured. Years of friendship and we have only two pictures, and that's funny. Since that day, we talk, not daily, as she teaches children through online classes. I felt a lot better. Yesterday she was so tired that she fell asleep over the call, and I kept laughing.

On the other hand, few things have changed positively. Dad talks more than usual whenever he calls me instead of checking up on me, and it feels much better. Finally, things are getting easy going with my parents, more communication & sharing of thoughts and some fantastic stories from the village. Better late than never, I am glad. My sister keeps making new dishes, some of them turned out to be good, and some of them I couldn't even eat, but it's all fun. Lately, I have been trying to scare her by doing stupid pranks, but nothing works on her, and I feel like a fool. When I shared this thing with my witch, she said that the same thing happens to her. So we both partnered up to scare off our siblings and record it. Till now, we have failed miserably, but we shall keep trying it will get it done.

It isn't easy to live in, but I have started to focus on the good, and it works wonderfully. But that's a story for another time. I hope you all are well and safe. We are all going to come out strong and better. Just look after each other, and we make the world a better place. Until next time, Peace out.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

The First Step

The Lost Childhood