The Five Minute Friendship

       I asked her meeting me is important or Cadbury; she said, " This can't be optional." And now I remember her conversing with her best friend where she was asked, "iPod or me?" and she said obviously iPod in a hilarious way. The girl who never said " thank you " or Sorry to anyone, who always calls me Dukkar (pig) for no reason at all. Who always makes me jealous and sends her pictures with her playschool children has become a valuable part of my life.

       What can I say about her and I've so many things that I can't even express. Who knew my classmate from 9th grade would end up being a good friend of mine to whom I didn't also talk back in the day. What a journey it has been.

       From not talking to her in 9th to a five-minute friendship. Weird, isn't it. But that's true whenever we meet each other it is just for five minutes. And in those five minutes, we tell each other things that are important to us and talk shit sometimes. But that's what makes it way better. We just have five minutes to get the hang of things to process them and then make our problems disappear. Also, she always brings me Cadburys, one of the reasons I still want to meet her. She is always in a hurry whenever she comes to meet me. But that is what is great about our friendship; we never rush our talks even if we have five minutes. I always imagine what it would be if we talked for an hour. More things to know, maybe more than one Cadbury?

       A few months before, I passed by her school, and I stopped by to take my dairy milk oreo, which she delayed for two weeks. I took my Cadbury and returned home. Later that night, while we were texting each other, she asked me, "What's wrong?" And I replied, "Everything is fine with me, but what about you? You seemed tense in the morning trying to hide your problems, pretending to be happy by putting a smile on your face." She told me what was going on. That was the day she started to share things with me and vice versa. That's what makes our friendship so unique. Even though we meet for five minutes, we can study each other quickly, and it works every time. Yesterday morning she called me, and we had a good talk. Good enough to know. She was apologetic and right at the same time. And when we talked at night, she says, "Okay, now tell me the reason why are you happy?" Even though I never said that she knew it. It's just amazing and stupid at the same time. I'm happy to have her in my life, My five-minute friend, Pooja.

FYI she said Thank you to me. Yay me!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

The First Step

The Lost Childhood