The Wait for Dosa

       A beautiful Sunday morning. I woke up to a mesmerizing view of the sunrise with a background chirping sparrows. I got ready as I had to go to Shital's place to write a script and she was going to help me with it. I rode my bike in a hurry. I took the route from FC road, and as I passed Vaishali, the smell of south Indian dishes attracted me, but I had to pass on. I was on her doorstep, knocking on the door continuously. And then there she was with her hair messed up, her sleepy eyes, a smile on her face, and she said, "Good morning." I replied the same. She welcomed me into the house and then served me a glass of water. I sat on the couch, going through my notes while she was getting ready.

       I was hungry. So I asked Shital for breakfast at some restaurant. She agreed. I so wanted to eat Dosa, so I insisted on it. We went near Bharati Vidyapeeth as there are many food stalls. But what I see, stalls were still closed. She started laughing and said, "Tea and biscuits will do." I nodded my head as I disagreed with her. I told her we are going to Vaishali. May the smell that caught me in the morning while passing by Vaishali was calling me back there. So to eat a Dosa, Shital and I left Katraj to go to FC road. We reached Vaishali's in a while. I parked my bike as luckily got a place for it ( Every Punekar knows ).

       I was so excited, but happiness is just a mere illusion until you see a long queue outside Vaishali. Ugh! We had to wait. We were having a chat. And then the guy behind me says, "Excuse me, Mam." and he goes away. Shital looked at me and laughs maniacally, teasing me that guy misunderstood you for a girl. Oh, man! These long hair and the pink shirt I had worn. This was the third time that week when people thought I am a girl.

       We were still in the queue for an hour. Finally, two seats were available. We sat there looking through the menu, even if we were going to order Masala Dosa and Onion Uttapam as always. We gave our order. Few days before our Dosa adventure Shital made her debut in a Marathi film called Baban. And she was talking to me about her premieres shows and the response of the people she got and got interviews. But the only thing I could see was that she is the same old Shital that I knew for the last three years.

       It took fifteen minutes for our order to be served. As I took the first bite of Dosa, I felt fulfilled by the taste and joy I had for this one bite, which made me wait since morning when I passed by Vaishali. What more could I ask? Also, I did order a dessert after that. My tummy was so happy.

       What about the script? Well, I couldn't write it. The whole day we kept talking and talking. We listened to our favorite songs while she was preparing dinner, and I was getting dishes done—fun fact: We ate pizza the night.

       So a day started with a thought to write a script ended, making the most beautiful memories for us, adding to our previous ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

The First Step

The Lost Childhood