The Strangers

       Today, I was in a total mood for a photoshoot, so I made calls to three of my friends, from which two of them agreed to come with me. I started to get ready. I packed my camera, tripod, water bottles, and lots of excitement. We left for Taljai Hill. We reached by 5 p.m. Sky was filled with a saffron shade of sunlight, breezes were passing by me, and it felt just perfect. I started clicking pictures of my friends, and they were trying to pose like a model of a branding company. I laughed hard.

       We kept walking deep into the woods, trying to find new spots for shoots. While my friends were looking for a place, I kept clicking photos of random strangers. I sat under a tree. It was peaceful. My camera lens kept searching for its subject and there, and then two people passed by me. A kid and his grandfather. I kept capturing them until they faded into the woods. I smiled, and I lost myself in my childhood memories with my grandfather. He has looked after me since I was 1, along with my grandmother. I remembered how he used to teach me to play the flute, harmonium, and many more things. My memories flashed before my eyes when I got smacked by my friend, and I was back to reality. But there was an urge inside me. I had to talk to them. I followed the road from which they passed, and after walking for a few minutes there, they were. They were returning, and I clicked a picture of them. As the kid approached me, I waved my hand at him; he did the same but was confused on his face. I smiled at him as his grandfather came along with him. I said, "Hi." and showed them the photo which I clicked of theirs. The grandfather said, "That's really nice of you." and the conversation went further.

       I introduced myself to him. The kid was so curious he kept looking through the photos as I was talking to his grandpa. He told me that he lived nearby and they come here daily. Also, he suggested that I come in the morning as many people come to walk and jog around at sunrise is most beautiful. I told him that I write stories and poems, and photography is just a hobby for me. He smiled at me, maybe knowing that I am doing the things which makes me happy. I appreciated him as he filled me in with his knowledge about the place and advised me to keep doing what I do with all my heart. We shook our hands, and then they both left.

       My evening could not be better than that. There was this feeling of satisfaction. What more could I ask? They both were my reason for writing this blog. Sometimes it is just better to wave hands, to say Hi to a stranger. Who knows? Maybe you'll revisit your memories once again.


Spread Smiles. Peace Out.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happiness

The First Step

The Lost Childhood